Regular Verb/ Present tense Conjugation
* remove 다 from dictionary form verbs first.
1) If the verb root ends with ㅏ vowel, ㅗ vowels, it becomes “ㅏ요”.
2) If the verb root ends with 하 syllable, it becomes “해요”.
3) If the verb ends with the rest of vowels, it becomes “어요”.
** Irregular rules **
1) If it ends with ㅣvowel, it becomes “ㅕ요”.
2) If it ends with ㅡ vowel, get rid of ㅡ and add “ㅓ요”
3) If it (only applying to some verbs) ends with ㅂ consonant, make new verb root by getting rid of ㅂand add “우”, then “어요” (which becomes “워요“)
Download the FREE PDF of 245 verbs that are conjugated from dictionary to present/ past/ future polite speech. Click HERE.